Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas is done for another 362 days......


It's over once again. Why do we let ourselves get so over whelmed? I know we all do, but this year we went light, I mean lighter, but I am getting better.....I learned from my mother(not the going light part). I got a sewing machine this year and I have and am still learning to knit, so my goal for this year is to really put some thought into my gift giving and actually make my gifts, (as I am not a very crafty and talented person, know that this is an extremely heartfelt gesture). I am done, yes done with my niece Sages' gift, and am currently knitting a scarf for a dear boy named Daniel who needs one and will actually use it, I had to rip it out and am on my second try with this gift, but he needs it now so I WILL finish this within the week. This year, our first, we had Jack and he is such a good baby, he stayed with us for two nights, (Thanks Chrissi!!) and I just fell in love with him even more than I already am. I encourage all of you to try to make homemade gifts for your loved ones this year, you may be surprised at what you come up with. If I can do it, anyone can!! Thanks for inspiring me once again my beautiful baby sister! I love you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If only you had time to really peruse the internet and all the amazing crafty blogs out there, I know you would be even more inspired to make everything by hand. If I had more time, every single gift would have been handmade. Maybe next year...

Freaky Knitter said...

Jack is so sweet! I am a little jealous, however, I can wait! Whenever you want to get together and knit I am there!! I think hand made is always the way to go! Hugs....