Friday, January 26, 2007

Give yourself good karma.....

I live my life thinking of others first, that is just who I am, I think I get it from my Mother. Everyday I try to do something for somebody just to make thier life a little bit easier, nicer, brighter. That sometimes comes back to you when you least expect it. Yesterday my cute 7 month old chewed up my new eyeglasses that I have had to put new lenses into 3 times since October ( I am having problems with my eyes stabilizing) not to mention the frames I bought were designer frames and cost a pretty penny. Needless to say, I was pretty upset, so I left work to go buy a couple of gift cards for someone very dear to me that could really use them right now and to step back and look at the situation. 1. My fault for leaving them out. 2. They are just a pair of glasses 3. I have my health and family (more important) 4. It is just money and you can't take it with you when you go. Ok, I calmed down and got over it and felt pretty good with my gift card purchase, anyways, my wonderful husband had 15 minutes to get an old pair of frames of mine to the eye doctor across town in 5:00 traffic. He got there 1 minute before they closed, ( I am driving to LA at 6 am Saturday morning and need to see where I am going). My wonderful eye doctor made a special trip to the lab for me so I could get them before I left. Next day, I start my day off by delivering my gift cards with a hug and a smile on my face, brought my son to breakfast, then picked my daughter and her friend up to bring them to the library so they had books to read while they are off track, my eye doctor called and I went to get my glasses.......they didn't charge me for my new lenses (saved me more that a couple of hundred dollars), then when I went to Starbucks to get a bag of coffee so my husband had coffee while I am gone, the guys working the counter gave me a free latte because they said it was a nice day outside so they wanted me to have a nice day as well......and I did. Hope you all have a blessed and Karma filled day as well (hope your karma is good!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Your day did a complete 180! How cool is that? Have a safe trip. XOXO

Anonymous said...

More like a 360! And thanks for those gift cards! I didn't get a chance this weekend to go to Trader Joes, but maybe some time next week. Thank you and I love you.