Tuesday, December 8, 2009

AWD my A$$

Driving today in the snow, I got stuck, not once, not twice, oh no, not even three times. FOUR TIMES! I have driven an all-wheel drive for the last 12 years, and when I got my Element after having to sadly turn my BMW in, I asked and made sure it was an all-wheel drive. The very honest salesman assured me it was. LIAR. It is a 2 wheel drive, yup, at least it's the front wheels that move, however, the car weighs nothing so I got stuck, really stuck a couple of times. The more I drive this car, the less I like it. It is very noisy, sucks to the road so you are all over the place and now it truly sucks in the snow. I really did my research too. Hmmm, I thought Honda's were supposed to be really great cars. Am I spoiled because I drove a BMW for 9 years? I don't know, but I can tell you this, I don't like my Element, but I am stuck with it. So I will suck it up. Stevi will NOT be driving this car. I don't know what I am going to do, but I guess I will figure it out. It is a great car for dogs, that's about it.

2 comments:

Mom said...

The guys on car talk SWEAR by the Element. You have the wrong tires on there. Get some good old snow tires on standard rims and you'll do a lot better. I'll help you when I win the lottery, dear.

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Elements are also good for 2 year old boys who throw their juice at Grandma. It may not have happened yet, but it will!