Saturday, September 29, 2012

Please excuse the language..........

 Don't read any further if racial slurs are extremely offensive to you...also know, anything said I am saying to tell the story, some of these words make me sick to my stomach, but I will say it as said to tell my story by "Keeping it Real"  The words said would never come out of my mouth as I love everyone and my family is a melting pot of America......I apologize ahead of time to those who read further and are offended.  Ugh....Here goes.....
As Jay and I woke up this morning and had our coffee and showers, we started doing laundry in the laundry mat and took a walk around the RV Park to get some air and kill time.  While we were walking around the back section of the park there was a very elaborate set up and a man hosing it off.  The lady who came out of the 5th wheel reminded me of the lady that Kristen Chenoworth plays in RV with Robin Williams, only older, southern accent and all.  We exchanged pleasantries and walked by.  On our way back we started talking and he explained to us that he was hosing off the dust and dirt he had accumulated from driving 2800 miles from South Carolina.  The boys stared talking about work and we started talking about shopping.  I told Linda about my favorite restaurant The Stinking Rose here in SF and we talked about Vacaville Outlets because she is apparently quite the shopper.  She had on rhinestoned ballet flats in silver with a matching hobo bag and lots of accessories, purple skinny jeans and a blonde wig (an expensive one).  She was all duded up as I talked to her in my KISS t shirt and red converse.  Somehow we started talking about grandchildren and crazy baby Mommas and compared stories.  Believe it or not, she won.  She was telling me her sons ex called him on speaker phone while she was having a "train" pulled on her so he could hear her.  They had to have her removed from their property by the police and she abandoned the kids which they raised for awhile to live her crazy sex driven lifestyle.  At that point Bob said... I told my son he may as well date a Mexican or a Nigger. (I'm pretty sure it looked like water had been thrown in my face, but I don't know that I flinched, taking into consideration that they are from the South and I know there is a lot more ignorance there than in the household I was raised in.)  Then we started talking about shopping again and crazy Baby Momma stories... Linda won again... who knew?  Then Jay noticed the raccoon paw prints and warned Bob about the raccoons getting into garbage and chasing him down to the bathroom one morning at 3 am...his response..."I don't mind the 4 legged coons, its the 2 legged coons I can't stand!"  Um time to go...yup, we left as they were inviting us to dinner and shopping and wine and beer.....Dear Lord, please don't let me drink around these people....I don't want to cause a trailer park rumble.....I can't ....I'm just speechless,  I was worried Jay offended them because he said "Shit Chute"  I wonder if they even thought at all that they may have offended us.....Well they offended me.  Wow, I would never survive in the South.  EVER!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Ignorance. Inexcuseable. Makes me mad and sad.

Unknown said...

The south is another world entirely, from what I understand. That is just inexcusable, as mom said. tsk, tsk.