Sunday, April 29, 2007

Rode my ass off.....................


All weekend we rode, I must admit it was great, the first day was a pre-ride, and Stevi came along, I had my IPOD on and a smile on my face as I watched her pink hair peek out from under the helmet. She always turns around to blow me a kiss or send me a smile as we are riding. Someday I fear that will change. Then Sunday back at it but with a deadline, Willows 3rd birthday party, at 4:00, we rolled up to my sisters house at exactly 4 and as Auntie Beautiful rushed inside to give Willow a hug, she looked at me as if I were an alien, then I realized how crazy I must look with all the dead bugs stuck to me, no make-up and road grime from head to toe, not to mention helmet hair with a skull cap on with a skull and crossbones and black leather from head to toe. Uh....did someone call for Auntie Beautiful? I think I left her at home, after a few minutes she did recognize me and give me a shy hug....not sure if I stunk or was so hideous she was just being polite. As we got home, I got to finish as many chores as I could as I hobble around, (I think my Tylenol Arthritis wore off a long time ago). Only 8 loads of laundry to go and many many more household chores.....I hope I finish in this lifetime, Oh well I got to enjoy the beautiful weather with my wonderful family this weekend, something I don't always get to do, as a very wise and wonderful woman once told me, "The housework will always be there Dear", and so it is.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did look a little scary but still beautiful. Now had Madeline been with you. . . .W would have RUN. I am sorry that I never really got to meet her.