Monday, April 13, 2009

Headaches.........Anyone?

I am taking Stevi to the doctor AGAIN. Thankfully she already had a follow-up appointment today at 9:15 anyways.  She has been getting headaches everyday.  Bad headaches.  I think it is hormonal but she is constantly taking Advil, Aleve or Tylenol, and even though I make her alternate them I don't think it is good for a 12 year old to be popping pills daily.  Any suggestions or ideas?  Last night her headache started in her sleep and she was crying, she said it was worse than a brain freeze.  I don't now if they are migraines or not, she is pail and clammy and her stomach is upset, why would she be getting migraines?  I know my brother used to get them all the time, around her age is when they started, is it genetic?  She does favor him more than anyone else in the family.  I wish I could get inside her head and feel what it is......Frustrating!

3 comments:

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

My migraines started when I was 10 and sound a lot like what Stevi is going through. I take Relpax for mine. There is no generic form and with insurance I pay $165 for SIX pills. But when a migraine hits, I gladly pay it for the relief. Maybe the doctor can give her something less strong or something that has a generic form. They couldn't find any other pill that would work for me, so Relpax is my only choice until 2013 when the generic can be released. I hope she finds the relief she needs. Migraines are horrible.

Mom said...

I wonder if it IS genetic. Steve doesn't get them anymore. They pretty much went away after he was done with puberty. The top of his head would turn white - totally white- and the doctor gave me a pill to give him to relieve the blood vessel constriction that he was experiencing. Only thing was, Steve could not swallow pills and you had to catch it before the headache was full bore. Not very successful. I hope that the doctor has something to help her. In the meantime, dark room, quiet and sleep. Steve's always went away after he threw up.

Unknown said...

That is so odd! I remember Steve getting migraines, so I wonder if it is genetic. I hope the doctor has some answers! I agree that she shouldn't be taking pills so regularly.