Saturday, August 15, 2009

Family Reunion Day 2.......

Day 2.......Woke up pretty early and walked down to cabin 5 to enjoy coffee with my Mom and my Aunts. Everyone was still asleep and Stevi forgot her toothbrush so we walked to the store which was around a 1/2 mile down the road. Got a little exercise, some fresh air and enjoy each others company. After Uncle Pete and Aunt Lita got back from grocery shopping we had lunch and headed up to the Shasta Caverns. Uncle Pete and Aunt Lita went sight seeing around the lake and we took the ferry over to the other side of the lake and got on the bus and headed up the hill. The bus ride up was much nicer than it used to be because they got new buses. They used to be very very old school buses, I wish they still had them though, that was half the experience right there! We got inside the caverns and it was nice, lots of stairs and a little slippery in some areas because of the moisture, but very educational and interesting.


We headed back to the lodge and we were all pooped because of all the stairs, I couldn't get my legs to stop shaking, I thought they would actually give out at one point, that's a sign that I need to work out more for sure. We relaxed for dinner and had deli chicken, corn on the cob, salad and Aunt Lita's famous Green Tea, she gave me the family recipe, I will share that at the end of this post. After dinner, the kids all went swimming, the adults were exhausted so we sat around and chatted then ended up in bed after having a So You Think You Can Dance Finale in cabin 5.........We had all voted for Jeanine the night before and she won so it was fun........off the bed right after the show!

Aunt Lita's Famous Green Tea Recipe:
  • Pitcher
  • Water
  • Ice
  • Lipton Green Tea Powder Mix
  • Stir
Since this is a family recipe, please do not copy and paste......Thank You.



3 comments:

Mom said...

Man! I hope that Aunt Lita doesn't find out that you posted her famous recipe for green tea!

Unknown said...

Oh I love secret family recipes! That Aunt Lita... she's full of good ones!

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

I was so excited to learn a Harrington Family Recipe and I must say, I wasn't disappointed!