Friday, June 27, 2008

40 in 4

So........40 in 4 days......I thought I would be upset about it, but I actually don't really care, most of my very close friends are in their 40's, 50's and some even just turning 60 and they are all still beautiful women.  So I look at them and realize, life is good.  40 seems comfortable, confident and when you look around you, you really are at a place inside where you really do not care what the rest of the world sees when they are looking back at you.  I still take care of myself, but now I am doing it for me, not everybody else.  I look in the mirror and see my mom looking back at me, and when I smile at her, she just smiles back.......I like her.  I have learned patience, tolerant, perseverance and calm.  I have also learned to stand up for what I feel is right, not backing down, but also to be open minded enough to see the other side is just as interesting as my own point of view.  I wear my smile lines like a badge of honor, if I didn't have them, I must not  have smiled a lot.  I have to work harder to look good, but some days I look at myself and say "Not bad, you've still got it."  While other days I say, "Good enough....."  So my mission is to get into tip top shape before our family reunion......I know I will stick to my guns.....Oh and the picture below......I thought I would make myself a birthday cake for my birthday, sooooooo I made myself a birthday cake......

4 comments:

A Mom Anonymous said...

You are a very young (almost) 40! And getting older does have some good points - like the ones you mentioned. If only we could have the confidence we do at our age now when we were teens/20-somethings!

I understand you may make a guest appearance on Saturday. Yay! I do hope you make it. Someone normal for me to talk to!!!

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Don't think of it as turning 40. Think of it as turning 20 a second time.

Mom said...

Oh yeah! Well how do you think I feel? You're still a little girl to me! A very, very lively little girl. I choose to forget the early teen years thank you. And what a lovely birthday cake you made. Love the frosting.

Give Joy Calendar said...

Lisa, seriously if I don't know you I would not have guessed your real age. You are blessed with good genes. And turning 40 is the beginning, didn't you know that 40 is the new 30? Hope you have a great day. Happy Birthday!!!