Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Knitting the "Ugly" stocking........

I think I make it look more difficult than it actually is, I am Bubba, therefore when I knit, it is not pretty, it is , picture this......as Bubba would knit.  I started a stocking for Guoda, yes a Christmas stocking, the pattern I chose is an intermediate pattern, and I decide to be frugal and instead of purchasing new yarn, I would use some Chenille yarn my sweet little sister gave me for free..........she later told me she gave it to me because it was so hard to work with.  My mother has seen me knit, it is not pretty.  But I try, the stocking has 3 rows of shingles that attach to the base then you knit the 3 needles together.  I followed the directions and special ordered the double ended needles and when I got to Madreadoptiva's house, she said.."No, no, no,  put those down!"  then went and got me her needles on the round and said, "You are going to love me for this!"  Boy what a difference!  I didn't look like I was going to snap the knitting needles in half.......(and yes you can do that, I have) I was so proud of my achievement that I proudly held up my stocking to show my loving husband and he looked at it and said......"That is ugly." then tried to fix it by saying..."well, it's not exactly pretty....."   Just like when my mom saw the fabric I chose for her bathrobe and said, "I hope that fabric isn't for me, that is hideous ."  Does anyone see a pattern here? My family is so proud of me........I can tell.  Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead, but I will not be defeated so 'BRING IT LOVING FAMILY, BRING IT!'  Because there is no crying in knitting.......It takes a lot of balls to knit like I do..........

4 comments:

Mom said...

You make me laugh sooooo hard. I LOVE my robe, by the way.

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Do you have pictures of these "hideous" items? I'd like to see what is so bad about a little yarn!

Unknown said...

Umm, my camera is still not getting along well with my computer....sorry under construction still.....

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for giving you that horrible yarn. You so need that mug.