Friday, November 9, 2012

Shattered.......



Sacrifices made to conquer dreams
can shatter a heart right at the seams

A smile on your face while knowing true love
when the one that you need, you can only dream of

A text, a call, a card in the mail
doesn't make up for trips that will fail

My heart needs to see you and feel you near
daily I wish that your face would appear

I know you are there because of your love
I pray to God and the heavens above

I hope to see you soon and fall into your arms
I miss every bit of your romantic charms

Distance, they say, makes the heart grow fonder
Never again is that a thought I will ponder

So don't mind me as I fall to pieces
Cry all night into my pillow creases

You are my best friend, the love of my life
Thank you for this.......your loving wife