BUTTERY SPRITZ COOKIES:
- 1cup of butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture, mix well. Tint with food coloring is desired.
- Place shaped cookie dough 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake @ 375 for 6-8 mins. (11 mins at my high altitude) Remove to wire racks to cool.
The recipe says it yields 7 1/2 dozen, my cookies are big so I only got 2 dozen out of mine.