Sunday, November 9, 2008

Buttery Spritz Cookies

One of the ways I have decided to save money is by baking a batch of cookies each week on Sundays.  I have to admit, they are much better than buying stale cookies at the grocery store.  This week we made Buttery Spritz Cookies and Stevi is going to decorate them after they cool with writing frosting.  I had everything I needed in the pantry so they didn't cost me a dime this week.

BUTTERY SPRITZ COOKIES:
  • 1cup of butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt

  •    In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and extracts.  Combine flour and salt.  Gradually add to creamed mixture, mix well.  Tint with food coloring is desired.
  • Place shaped cookie dough 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.  
  • Bake @ 375 for 6-8 mins. (11 mins at my high altitude) Remove to wire racks to cool.

The recipe says it yields 7 1/2 dozen, my cookies are big so I only got 2 dozen out of mine.

3 comments:

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Oooooh.... Cookies!

A Mom Anonymous said...

Good for you! You know where you can get recipes. All you need to do is ask :D

Corey said...

Yum! I have a cookie obsession, and it's coming up on cookie season. Thanks for the recipe!