Sunday, June 3, 2012

I had the best day with you.......

 Some of my favorite days of my life have been in the wilderness, hiking.  It's the easiest, hardest workout you can do.  Today according to my calculator, I burned about 2100 calories in 4 1/2 hours.  And I relaxed the whole time.
 You lose track of time looking at all the beauty God has given us, the smells the sounds, the peacefulness.  It is such a wonder to me that we live in this area, especially when you drive from home to work every day, you end up with tunnel vision.
 Jay went with us today.  Something I have been asking him to do for so many years.  He has never wanted to go, but now he sees the importance of us doing things with each other we both enjoy.  Many times he has asked me what I like to do... my response is always, exercise, hike, be outside.  Many times we have stayed in.

This week he agreed to hike with us, thankfully because the Chiropractor said no to me carrying a backpack because of my neck.  So Jay came with us and it was so much fun.  I LOVED having him there with us.  
I really wasn't sure if he would enjoy it since it had been 16 years since his last hike with me.  I was 8 months pregnant with Stevi and fell down a hill at the top of Davis Creek coming downhill.  He did enjoy it.  He thought it was worth the hike to the top to see Wade Lake and the hamburger after a 4 1/2 hour ... 7 1/2 mile hike was well earned. I hope he continues to go with us.  I love my time with nature and to have time with him in a peaceful environment, away from home, work, worries is a double bonus.  


I always have fun with my Mom.


Today, I had to best day with you.......

No comments: