Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Dad was Pretty Cool for Old School......

My Dad was old school, really old school for sure.  But he left behind a family that loved him for all his idiosyncrasies and frustrating habits.  He had children in the house for 50 years of his life....My oldest brother Blair is in his 60's and my youngest sibling is in her 30's.  We all got a different piece of him, whether young or old, he was a great provider and a hard worker.  He led with an iron fist but with 7 children under your belt, wouldn't you.  I remember the moment I realized he was pretty cool.  It was my 15th birthday and I spent it at Kings Skate Country with my best friend Lori.  Afterwards he took us to Denny's on Wells Ave. for Ice Cream and then surprised us by taking us downtown cruising for a couple rounds, our radio station with the music blasting out of my Mom's Honda, yelling at boys out the window and people were saying.."That's so cool he took you cruising!!"  It was, it was pretty cool.  I miss you Dad.  Here are some, just a few, fun pictures of some of the family you left behind that misses you everyday.  Happy Fathers Day.











2 comments:

Elaine said...

Sweet post. Made me cry. Thanks, Bubba!

Unknown said...

He was pretty cool. He drove me to school a lot, which was cool. What was not cool was that he didn't have air conditioning and would open all the windows and the hay from the back of the truck would blow around and get stuck in my hair.