Monday, June 18, 2012

Rough Year..time to take care of myself everyday....

 This has been a rough year for me and my family as well, emotionally and physically.  Still nursing my ankle, back , neck, you name it.  Somethings got to give.  This is my third day not waking up with coffee or artificial sweeteners , yesterday I had an iced tea so I didn't get a pounding headache going cold turkey from the caffeine and today I just had a water.  My body is working twice as hard to do half as much these days and I need to pay attention to that fact. I now need to adjust my workout habits from full speed ahead to slow and steady, my eating habits aren't too bad except for the occasional ice cream binge and my alcohol allergy has hit me in the face with a 2x4.  I can handle a glass of wine or 2 but any hard alcohol and it's over, which is fine, alcohol does nothing but damage on the body and soul anyways.  So here is a list of 10 things I am changing in my life so the next 44 years will be easier on me.

  1. No more coffee, soda or alcohol
  2. 6 hour work days 
  3. Make time for breakfast and lunch
  4. No more artificial sweeteners
  5. Walk don't run, in every aspect.
  6. Daily exercise for 1 hour a day 6 days a week, even if it is just a walk or using my bands
  7. Continue my Chiropractic care.
  8. Continue my therapy
  9. Continue Al-Anon once a week meetings and daily book readings.
  10. Continue to allow myself to be happy for me.

What are 10 things you can do to take care of yourself better?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I know that I need to eat better. I do eat more fruit and fresh vegetables this time of year, but I need to buy more unprocessed foods to eat. I need to spend less time sitting. That's 2. I don't use sweeteners of any sort as a rule, though I would like to buy some honey. I ALWAYS get a diet cola when I eat out, but I don't buy it for the house anymore. Does that count? Oh, heck. I'm feeling pretty good, so I won't worry about it. Worry isn't good for you. :-)