Saturday, April 26, 2008

SHAKE, RATTLE AND ROLL!!!

Last night at 11:43 p.m. we had a duzie....4.9.  It was amazing......Stevi was really scared so we all camped out on the couch together and had a slumber party.  I thought it was awesome.  We had a picture fall over, a metal Harley Davidson collectible fall off our room divider.  Stevi's earring holder and her fan fell over in her room, our toothbrushes fell into the sink and we had to straighten pictures on the wall.  If they are expecting a 6.0 I can't imagine what that will feel like.  At our house it lasted 3 to 4 seconds, which doesn't sound like much but it feels like an eternity when it happens. I haven't looked outside yet, but up in the Northwest Reno area, people were reporting cracks in sidewalks and outdoor lights falling.  It is really awesome if you think about it....it is a series of earthquake storms, the news says that, I have never heard that.  Isn't the big one supposed to come first then the aftershocks?I don't understand why we are having upwards of 70 per day.  I hope this isn't a warning because if it is, I will probably not be prepared.  Well off to Willows kite flying birthday party!!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Our neighbor, who moved here from the Bay Area suggested putting together a bag with emergency supplies that you can grab quickly before leaving the house. He put water, some nonparishable snacks, first aid stuff, dog food, and extra clothing. He said the biggest worry when a big earthquake hits is that gas lines can break, and when they do you have to get out of the house fast and NOT GO BACK IN - EVER - until they have inspected it and told you it's safe. Just thought I would give you that bit of information so that you can be prepared.

Unknown said...

Our neighbor, who moved here from the Bay Area suggested putting together a bag with emergency supplies that you can grab quickly before leaving the house. He put water, some nonparishable snacks, first aid stuff, dog food, and extra clothing. He said the biggest worry when a big earthquake hits is that gas lines can break, and when they do you have to get out of the house fast and NOT GO BACK IN - EVER - until they have inspected it and told you it's safe. Just thought I would give you that bit of information so that you can be prepared.

Perry said...

Camping out was a great idea! Small price to pay I should think for (future) beach front property! Glass all is well.

Perry said...

Too bad you can't edit your comments. GLAD all is well! :-)

Mom said...

I'm not enjoying the rockin' and the rollin'. Nope, not one bit. When I was a kid and living back east we had hurricanes and I really did enjoy them! No electricity for 3 days (marathon Monopoly games with my brothers), candlelight and conversation.