Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday a day of rest......


Sunday's I love. Usually, I never get out of my pajama's.  I putter around the house, sip coffee all day and read.  Today is one of those days.  Today is a day where I woke up early and Jay was asleep, so I brushed my teeth, crawled back into bed and read until I fell asleep again.  Now and I'm awake and I thought this Judy Blume book would be a casual read, but I have to admit, even though this was written in 1978 it is pretty captivating.  I love to read a book that makes me feel something, whether it is fear, anxiety, love, pain or laughter, I read to escape and I have to admit,  as easy a read as this is, I can't put it down and right now I want to punch her husband in the nuts.  He is such an asshole it's unreal.  I realize that this is based on an era when women were just starting to stand up for their independence and have a voice, but I tell you what, I would have never been able to hang back in those days.  Don't tell me how to think, what to wear, how to wear my hair, and how to act in public.......If you have never read it, it really brings some insight to what women were emotionally beaten into back then, except the rebellious women who started a movement of sexual and mental freedom.

I would have been a rebel..........

No comments: