Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love is a Battlefield..........

Ready to play rough
If it's right, it's left, if it's blue it's navy. If it happened at Monday morning at 10 it was 10:15.   It's exhausting.  It's always a battle.  Even in a good mood, I am corrected, given the look, told I am annoying, telling a story wrong, I already said that, I mispronounced a word.  I'm driving too fast, I'm driving to slow.  Why did I park right there. Bring me food, bring me money, OK now leave.  Don't talk to my friends it's embarrassing.  What are you wearing!?  Help me with my hair please, then grab the brush or pull away because I am not doing it right.

Can also be so sweet
I want it like this, so and so has, it..."I don't know how to create that.." then go learn.  I want this color, that isn't right!  Why are you on Facebook, don't talk to my friends and comment, It's weird and embarrassing. Why do you laugh so loud, you have already told me that 100 times, I heard you the first time!  NO, "just do it.." No, I don't want to.... "Do your chores"  I will... the next day "Do your chores"  I WILL... 4 days later "Please do your chores"  ugh... God Mommy I have homework and I'm tired!  Right now!?  "Yes right now"  STOMP STOMP STOMP... oh and don't forget the look.  Pick me up from school.."how was your day?" the look, fine.... I need a new outfit and money, "I don't have any money right now.." Ugh, fine!  but I need it.  I need to go to Walmart for printer ink..."It's 11 o'clock at night, do you need it right now? Can it wait?"  No I need it for a project tomorrow...panicking, get into the car and go....
Even though I never missed a game, the fact that I take pictures is just annoying.
Then, I love you Mommy are you OK? I'm sorry...I love you... I SAID I LOVE YOU!  Can you bring me to school in the morning and pick me up at the sign after school.  Quit asking so many questions. Mommy I need you now....that won't work, I don't want to.  Quit freaking out!  I know she loves me but cut me some slack.... the moment she sees me it's on.....


Yes, I have a teenage daughter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One day, she'll be your best friend because she'll have her own daughter that's giving her hell. It all comes back around. :)

Elaine said...

So true, Liz! Nothing worse than the teenage years.....nothing better than having your daughters there for you as you get older.