Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Top 10 Beauty picks of all time....

Being a woman of 43, and in the beauty industry for 20 years, I have tried just about everything.  Here are my top 10 picks of all beauty products and a little reason why, if you have any questions about any of them, comment below or FB or text me! 



All around skin care was a tie between Dermalogica and Clinique.  Price wise about the same, but both lines have something to offer for every body and they also work well together.  Now that Dermalogica is available at Ulta, it makes it easier to get , before you could only purchase it from a Dermatologist or an Esthetician  .  All in all, every product from the cleansers to the moisturizers Number one in my book!



  • For Mascara I used to be hooked on Lancome until I found this inexpensive amazing Mascara.  Not only does it lengthen and separate your lashes, it you can cry in it, it is water resistant , not water proof, and it doesn't smudge under your eyes if you have oily skin or old skin like me!

  • Hands down for my professional make up kit and for me, Stevi, anyone , MAC make- up has the best selection, pigment, staying power, for lips, eyes and cheeks and all liners are amazing.  Bonus, if you are a professional in the industry, for $25 a year you can carry a pro-card which entitles you to 30% off all products and access to attend all of their makeup courses.
  • Foundation, sunscreen, cover-up and primers... top of the list is definitely Colorescience.  Expensive yes, but if you can afford it, it can be purchased through your Dermatologist or the Dermstore.com  website.  Stevi HAS to use it, I love the fact that all products have close to 50 SPF, vitamins and looks completely natural despite giving you 100% coverage when needed.  The Sunscreen powders give you a flawless airbrushed look without any make up underneath and all are water resistant against sweat etc. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

  • Tried and true in this climate, and CHEAP, for skin, after shower or bath good old Vaseline, my daughter saw it in Walmart, long forgotten by me and wanted to know what the Hell it was so we bought some and now she loves the way it makes her skin so soft.  I was using it as make-up remover but now I lather my body in it, and my skin is soft, don't need to reapply lotion throughout the day, on my lips, tops of my cheeks for a dewy glow...endless possibilities, I even put it on the ends of my hair when I get too much frizz and I'm in a hurry, yes, it's the duct tape of beauty staples!

  • Newer to the market, Number 1 to all my clients and family members that have tried it are now hooked, DermOrganic hair products.  Every product works with every hair type, it is amazing,  you can get it from Me, or any Hairstyling that carries the line. I love it so much if you do a special order with me, I will give you a 25% discount when you pick it up.  The product line is new and currently has Shampoo, Conditioner, Masque, Oil, Volume Foam and Fast Dry Shaping Spray. All my favorites.  If you need a smoother, not worries, the oil works on its own and a small amount after flat iron makes the hair as shiny as JLO's!
  • Must have a Ceramic 1" flat iron!  Not only does it smooth out unruly hair, you can use it to curl as well!  Ceramic!  Many good ones one the market, but please don't spend under $50, do yourself a favor, quality is best in this tool.

  • For problem skin, this is the best product to clear it up!  Only problem is it is prescription, you can get it from yo Dermatologist.  I can't live without it...I've tried!
  • Last but not least, again this is a prescription and yes it is expensive. But it does work, and I love it.  I started pulling my eyelashes out, (stress yucky thing I know) and my Doctor prescribed this because I got sick of wearing falsies. It's expensive and works amazingly, now I won't touch my lashes and I get compliments on my lashes a lot, thank you Latisse and Covergirl .
I hope some of these were helpful, God knows they have all helped me!

No comments: