Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hell on High Heel may be Hell on Wheels........

 I've had my week of "me, me, me, me" and I will continue to put myself first.  I had 3 days of self pity and anguish, my 3 days of 'I really don't care what happens', and my 3 days of 'I'm going to do whatever the Hell I want and not care who's watching or what happens.'


Now it's Mommy mode.  My little girl, the youngest, the baby, my lil' Angel and my "Get out of my way or I'll run you over" Stevi is 15 1/2 today.  Every mother knows what that means........



Yup, a trip to the DMV.  She gets out of school today at 1:45 and if all goes well, will be driving us around by around 3ish. I have to work tonight from 5-11 and I'm sure she will be with me since my little Blondie needs her roots done because they look grey coming in against a level 4 dark brown.  Being the chameleon she is, I'm shocked she wants to keep it dark, although she says she wants some purple and eggplant highlights put in.  Ever changing........

 She has always been silly, competitive, and adorable but now I think today she is nervous and a little bit scared.  This means a whole new world.  She is actually growing up and will be driving BY HERSELF  in 6 months.  Ugh and YAY!!
 I know it's a whole new set of worries and I am terrified and so excited for her.  My mom is always taking in deep breaths, yelling out and trying to pump the brakes while I drive and I have been driving for 27 years.....without an accident....

 I'm sure this is another area I will turn into my mother........Jayson wrecked numerous cars, I think 5 whether it was an accident or how he drove? I hope she drives like me instead of like her father or brother. 
 Funny thing I thought of.......they should have a Student Driver magnetic sign you can put on your roof like the Dominoes Pizza guys with hazard lights going so people know to steer clear and why the car is going too slow and is all over the road.


So, after 3, if you see a red Honda driving really slow, please, stay back, stay calm and go around.  You may see us in that car.........but knowing her, we may be passing you in the fast lane with the sun roof open and music on..................Wish me luck!  I mean, Wish Stevi luck!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Golden Valley is a great place to practice, but your neighborhood is pretty quiet too. Good luck, Stevi! Good luck, Bubba!