Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's 3 am......Might as well get up....

Jack Sleeping like a baby
 Sleep is a naturally recurring state characterized by reduced or absent consciousness, relatively suspended sensory activity, and inactivity of nearly all voluntary muscles.[1] It is distinguished from quiet wakefulness by a decreased ability to react to stimuli, and is more easily reversible than being in hibernation or a coma. Sleep is also a heightened anabolicstate, accentuating the growth and rejuvenation of the immune, nervous, skeletal and muscular systems. It is observed in all mammals, all birds, and many reptiles, amphibians, and fish.
The purposes and mechanisms of sleep are only partially clear and are the subject of intense research.[2] Sleep is often thought to help conserve energy,[3][4] but actually decreases metabolism only about 5–10%.[3][4] Hibernating animals need to sleep despite the hypometabolism seen in hibernation, and in fact they must return from hypothermia toeuthermia in order to sleep, making sleeping "energetically expensive."[5]

I'm jealous of this kind of sleep eye right now!
It's 3 am and I fell asleep on the couch around 11:30 got up to go to bed and never fell back to sleep.  I am a bit of an Insomniac so this happens every now and then.  Until my Dr. gave me something to help.  I know a pill for this a pill for that.  Is that a sign of getting old?  Up until recently I took pretty darn good care of myself. Exercise and diet were my top priority so I could take care of myself now and not be an old woman relying on pills to stay alive and normal until recently when I broke my ankle.  So I got up and took a pill because it is 3 am, walked it off because my foot is extremely swollen, therefore in pain (I stepped on an uneven surface at Walmart yesterday and wrenched it sideways so I may have hurt it, it hurt right away and felt it crack, of course it still isn't really healing yet as far as I know, until Monday when I get more x-rays) and so I had to loosen my boot to barely nothing and loosen the Velcro, and grabbed some ice water and my book, so I don't keep Jay awake tossing and turning and am currently on my way to the couch to read for awhile and see if my Xanax will help me fall asleep.
Me and Murphy asleep

Tomorrow if football lazy Sunday so I will probably read and nap in shift anyways, another sign of getting older, is suppose.  Napping in this house is called having an accident.......If we fall asleep during the day, it was an accident.

Dogs sleep all day, why can't we?
To me, sleep is sacred because it's rare for me to get a full night, especially now with this very comfortable stylish boot I get to wear to bed and my foot swelling and having pain at odd times.  I hope you all are sleeping right now, although, this is Reno, I know a handful of you are probably still out dancing the night away.

Oh to sleep like a baby again...........one can only fantasize these days....Goodnight or good morning, I'm not sure which it is.  Anyways happy Sunday.



Asleep at the table at Noodle Cafe, Grandma holding his head up so he can (it was an accident!)

How I try to get sleepy

3 comments:

spiker said...

Sleep is over-rated...I have pediatric strength valium. It works, however, it puts me in the mode of "I don't care about anything" therefore I don't do anything when I take them. Getting old sucks!

Elaine said...

Whew! I'm glad that I'm not THAT old!

Unknown said...

When I was on my 6 day a week of diet and exercise, it fixed so many things ... I had energy , I slept like a rock.. I felt ready to conquer the world... The aches and pains being stagnant and my diet has been horrible if existent al all.... My back shoulder hips are constantly out of whack and now my left ass cheek has fallen .. I've had an ongoing illness whether it's flulike or a cold... I'm physically exhausted and in content pain... I wish I could exercise rather than be a pill popper ... Trust me... This sucks