Monday, January 2, 2012

2011

2011.....

What a year. A year a lot of people couldn't wait to end.  It was economically tough.  It was emotionally painful.  It was humbling.  I am glad it's over.  Not sad to see it go.  But what I can tell you is that I learned a lot.

I learned that I can run, and I actually love it.  I also learned that one small moment  can take that away.  

Jay and Lisa Forever...
I have learned that my marriage , although imperfect at times to others is perfect to me.  We love each other for who we are, despite our imperfections, we are perfect to each other.
I have learned that I really like my 15 year old daughter.  She is a teenager, tough, intelligent and learning.  She is kind, reliable and helpful when I really need her.  She's not perfect, neither am I, and that is o k.
Stevi Loves her Aunt Liz
I have learned that my Mom is my best friend in the world and always has been.  She loves me regardless of who I was, who I am and who I am turning into...(her) .  And I am thankful for that.
I have learned that behind every good man is a great woman...my son has grown into a man I am proud of. (Thank you Guoda)
I have learned that when my husband and daughter are gone, I do get lonely, despite all the times I wished for time to myself.
Karaoke at the Pirate Crawl
I have learned that some friends merely take up space and some people who you think of merely taking up space are really your friends.
Our 2nd Annual Gingerbread build off!
I have cried a lot this last year, and had some laughter too.  But I have learned that despite being broke, we still have each other and that is good.
I have always thought of myself as being optimistic, but lately I haven't been so much, I will get that back.  Life is what YOU make it, it doesn't make you.
I have learned this year that taking care of me first helps me take care of every body else much better.
So 2012 is for me, I will learn to love me.  Despite my broken ankle and spirit, despite my empty bank account and my muffin top.  I have more love than is imaginable  within my family.  That is who I am, that is who I chose to be.




Thanksgiving, Jay was sick so they sent us this pic.


Yup, those are my kids and I love them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited you're back to blogging. I love it!

Lisa Lucas said...

Can't wait to read your posts! Love ya