Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Good News!


It's good news, no great!  I went to see Dr. Peters yesterday and although I am not completely healed, I am healed enough to take my boot off and wear a fabric ankle brace for support.  Dr. Peters told me I can for the next two weeks start walking around the block on an even surface only to get some movement and circulation out of my leg.  The majority of the pain I was experiencing was healing with circulatory and nerves doing their jobs.   Yesterday I was on it for about 3 hours and I have to admit I was in pain last night but I am sure that will get better every day.  As of now I don't need Physical Therapy because I am an exercise fanatic, I will get this done myself.  So starting February first I am able to start my training again with running (weather permitting, on an even surface) and Crossfit, as a beginner.  Starting over will suck but I know I need to listen to my body and get back on track.  I lost a fluctuating 8-12 lbs, which judging by my body was a majority of muscle so I need to get that back.


Yesterday I only took my vicodin when I got home around 7 because I was in pain, and I realized through all this that this kind of pain is not something you suffer through.  So I think that is pretty good, except as a newby to all this pill popping I can tell you, don't take two Vicodin then celebrate with a glass of wine.  I thought I felt OK but luckily I woke myself up this morning because my first client is at 8 and I set two alarms to wake up, one for 8 and one for 8:30....


Also, I went to work and did Jay and Stevi's hair, and although I was starting to be in pain, I was trying not to take anything for it at all, I was focusing on the pain and was texturizing Stevi's hair, she moves around a lot examining my work as I am doing it, she didn't move and I think I was anticipating her moving or just not focused and I took a little too much out of the left side.  Devastating for a 15 year old girl, she was crying, then of course I felt horrible and we got into a fight, but we are OK.  I explained to her that I am human and even the best hairdressers in the world make mistakes.  I felt horrible, I know how important her hair is to her because it is so fine it shows every thing, we blended it pretty good, but what she doesn't realize is that  as a professional and as a mother, even though I was ready to shave my head at the moment to prove to her that hair does grow, my heart was broken and I was so upset about it, probably more so than her.  Her hair is now a beautiful baby doll blond but a little more rockerish of a hair cut, which I think is adorable, same length just more layers, especially by the ear on the left side, at least I didn't take her ear off because I was using my 7" Detailing Shears.  What I learned from that is, if I'm in pain, take a pill, don't wait till later then have to take two.  They are here to help me, not hinder me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is fantastic news! So, did Dr. Peters just try to freak you out with all his talk about re-breaking and everything? Sometimes I just want to high five that guy in the face with a chair. :D Not really.. I just wanted to use that saying somewhere and it fit. :)

Elaine said...

I am so happy that this doesn't have to drag on and on for you. Sometimes I think that Dr. Peters says things like that to make you more aware of what you are doing to your body. You stopped trying to be Superwoman and it worked!